Saturday, October 14, 2006

Beginnings

So, I've never done this before, but I like to do new things. Learning to knit was something new. When I was a kid, my mom and my Tante taught me to crochet. Hmmmm, I was around 7 at the time. It wasn't until I saw my friend Kirsten knitting in Chicago during a girls' weekend that I caught the knitting bug. I still consider myself a newbie, but I've been knitting for 18 mos. now.

Nearly everything I knit I give away. In fact, I think I've only kept a scarf for myself. Each of my kids, the Absent-Minded Professor and Mistress of Mayhem, have gotten a hat and scarf. Everything else has been gifted or donated.

A little about me: I'm the mom of two beautiful children, already mentioned above, and two Labrador Retrivers who (thankfully) don't eat yarn or needles! I'm soon (hopefully) to be divorced. I live in NW Ohio where the seasons change beautifully, and the weather changes quickly. My favorite show on TV is Grey's Anatomy. I work as a school counselor in a junior high with 550 seventh graders. EEEK!!!

Photos coming soon... completed projects and things I wish to make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home