Monday, October 16, 2006

Does Almost Count?

I'm almost finished with several things. Does that count?

I have to tell you I am NOT a monogamous knitter. I usually have 3 or 4 projects going at once. Knitting ADD? And I'm adding another project today.

On the needles right now I have a Mason-Dixon Kimono that is 3/4 complete which will be gifted to a coworker. My progress is on the kimono is farther than the photo indicates. I have one whole side done and have started the sleeve decreases on the other side. The baby is due in late December. The Mason-Dixon bib is complete, though.




Also on the needles: a diagonal rib scarf made with Patons SWS (soy wool stripes). No particular recipient in mind yet, but the colors, black, gray, tan, brown and tiny bit of blue are definitely more masculine than feminine.

In the crochet corner is a Martha Stewart poncho made with Lion Homespun yarn. It's 3/4 complete. I plan this to be for myself, but like other projects for me, it's been on the back burner for quite some time.

This afternoon, while Mayhem is at Brownies, I'm heading to buy yarn for a special project. My friend Chris, who lives in Los Angeles, told me recently that his sister in law has cancer. Chris and I have known each other since junior high. His sister in law is here in Ohio, and she's losing her hair from the chemo treatments she just started. BRRRRRR! Chris and I email almost daily, so I offered to knit a chemo cap like I've done for others. He sent my offer on to SIL, who accepted. Today the mission is to get Lion Fun Fur and Microspun. Drat! I just hate to go buy yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home