Thursday, October 19, 2006

Money or Happiness?

Totally non-knitting related today, friends.

I had a conversation with a dear friend today about money and happiness. I said I'd rather have happiness than money. My friend would rather have both. "How's that working out for you?" I wanted to know. "I'm 0 for 2," was the reply.

What I am finding is that life is much more bearable with happiness, and money doesn't always provide that. We can pursue one or the other, but rarely both, with success. If you aren't happy, what's the point?

I've also come to recognize that people have more control over their own happiness than they realize... including myself. Albert Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Like a poopie diaper, if something stinks, change it! If you can't change it, get out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Poopy diapers huh? Well my dear friend, that is a new way to look at things, but I will give it a try. Shoot, I'm about ready to try just about anything right about now as long as it works.

Friday, October 20, 2006 at 4:44:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home