Saturday, April 19, 2008

I found Spring! (and some other things)

Isn't it lovely?

These were taken at Toledo Botanical Gardens. Buddy Bill and I had just come from the funeral home (a friend's father died) Friday afternoon and needed some sunshine. We found all the gorgeous daffodils in bloom.

I found the The Yarn Harlot in Ann Arbor last Friday night with knitter friends Sarah Lou and Becky. We had a great time. Once again, the Ann Arbor Library was packed with knitters having the biggest knitting party ever. Here's the Harlot:



And here's Sarah and Becky waiting in like to get books signed:



Some other things have been found in the past week: I find I am becoming quite proficient at knitting the toes of socks! College Kid's red and green socks have been so close to completion you wouldn't believe. On Tuesday, while at the pediatrician with my kids, I nearly finished the toe of sock 2, only to find that I started the toe too early. I frogged back, picked up the stitches and knit the toe again. This time I even go so far as to kitchener the toe shut. Yay! My joy was short-lived, however. While weaving in ends, I found a stitch back behind the toe area that had been dropped, probably when I frogged back and put stitches back on the needles. It had gotten lost in the k2p1 ribbing. ack!!
Today I will be un-grafting the toe and frogging back again, and repairing the dropped stitch so there won't be a hole. And then, I think maybe I'll knit a toe, just for kicks. I haven't done one in a day or so.
Before I forget, I found one more thing this week. A new camera. A Nikon D40. The photos above were all taken with my Kodak, so we shall see if anything changes.






Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the D40! It's what I have, and I love it so. :)

One recommendation (and you may have already done this) - get a UV filter to go over your lens. It filters a tiny amount of light, but more importantly, it protects your lens against any accidental bumps and scratches. A new UV lens is pretty cheap, but a replacement for the Nikon lens isn't!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 11:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

So there it is! Spring has been hiding at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, don't you know. Congrats on the new cameras by the way. May you have many happy, snap-worthy situations!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 1:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home