Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

This Thursday, March 20, marks the day that would have been Mr. Fred Rogers' 80th birthday. You remember Mr. Rogers, right? He entered his small house, changed his sneakers and his sweater, then fed the fish, and took us by trolley to The Neighborhood of Make Believe. There we visited with King Friday and the other friends.

Mr. Rogers talked about all sorts of things, always in a calm, gentle voice. He also wore the best sweaters! It was rumored his mother knit all of those cardigans. I will admit here that cried when he died in 2003.

In honor of Fred Rogers, won't you please, won't you please, please won't you be my neighbor? Join me in wearing a sweater on Thursday, March 20, 2008. We'll all celebrate Mr. Rogers' birthday in sweater style!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

I'll hunt up a plain cardi right now!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 7:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Oh fun! I missed it but luckily I was wearing a sweater on Thurs. anyways... stupid neverending winter.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 10:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

=) I missed it, and can't for the life of me remember what I wore Thursday, but he was a gem!

Sunday, March 23, 2008 at 8:06:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home