Friday, February 22, 2008

A Whole Lot Going On!

First, thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! You're the best!

It's Parent/Teacher conference time at school again. That means that Thursday evening I had to stay late at the junior high. Sarah (who really needs to update her blog!) enticed me - with beer and knitting - to meet her at a friend's bar afterward. We had a wonderful time with our Piddleloop bags, knitting socks, beer, fried pickles and her boyfriend Eric. Knitting and beer were much more fun than telling lots of parents that their lovely kids might not be making it out of 8th grade this year.

If you've paid attention to the news at all, you know that Ohio has become very important politically and T-Town has played host, or will, to all the big candidates by Sunday. McCain was here Thursday. Hillary is here tonight, on my school's campus, no less. More exciting to me, is that Barack Obama will be here Sunday! Buddy Bill went downtown this morning, bright and early, and waited in line for preferential seating tickets. Bill's College Kid is coming in tonight for the weekend and will be joining us at the rally with another college friend.

In the knitting department, I am trying to catch up on my socks. I have started the February socks, finally, even though I am still working on January's. Since I need to speed up - well, I think I do, anyway - I have decided to try a new trick. We'll see if knitting socks on two circular needles helps me out any. I have the cuff done, now on to the pattern. I tried this method once before, about a year ago, and ditched it quickly. This time it seems be going better. So far.


My weekend will be knitting, housework, and watching The Simpson's Movie with the kids and then Barack Obama on Sunday. Wish my brother Rudi luck - he's doing the Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics tomorrow. Jumping into Lake Erie in February on purpose! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I have very recently chosen Obama as my candidate (still wishing for Edwards...) so I'm quite envious you get to so see him!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 7:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Personally, I like socks on 2 circulars. I think things will turn out a lot better this time because you'll see how convenient it is to already have your instep stitches on their own needle.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 7:35:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 8:15:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what Karen, now we have a 9" circular needle for socks and I love it. Come in and try it out. NO
LADDERS. Yay

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 8:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger Renee said...

Mmmm....beer and fried pickles sound really good right about now. Damn this pregnancy hormones! I finally finished my first pair of socks and flew thru the first one, but the second one took fooooorever! I am hoping to try this method next...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 7:48:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home