Sunday, January 27, 2008

Drink up!

My favorite mug has been getting a lot of use lately, even though it doesn't even live at my house. With being sick (still no voice as of today!), I've been pushing fluids, taking it easy, and, when I have enough energy, I knit. That's what I did yesterday afternoon and evening - drank tea and knitted. Buddy Bill took care of me and pretty much wouldn't let me do anything except sit around. With the mittens being done, I've been focusing on finishing Buddy Bill's Irish Hiking Scarf. It's 50% finished now.

Other Karen posted on her blog that she wanted to see our favorite mugs, in order to create a collage of them. Mine is here today, Karen! I think Becky has also posted hers. Who else wants to put up a pic of their favorite mug?

I love this one because it's big. It's red, my favorite color. Even better, this mug is covered with snowflakes! You know me and snow. BUT, one could look at this mug and say, "Nope, those are flowers." So I use it all the time, whether there's snow or not.

Knowing that my Sock Club shipment from Neighborhood Fiber Company will be coming this week (some Ravelers reported theirs have arrived!), I spent part of this morning working on my Yarn Haven Sock Club socks. Anything requiring exertion gets me coughing, so sitting and knitting it will be. Sorry, housework. Sorry, vacuum. You have to wait unless I can coerce, I mean convince the kids to help!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

Really loving that scarf!

Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 9:30:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty mug! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 5:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

That's a fun collage to collect! Hope you feel better soon...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 4:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger Diane said...

Aren't nice big mugs the best? Hope you enjoyed your knitting and tea in spite of being sick.

Friday, February 1, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home