Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?

There are downsides to working at school. *cough*cough* One of them is that you are exposed to every virus and bug that goes around. *cough*hack* Right now, we have so many kids out with this annoying cough. Guess who else picked it up? Yep. *cough* Moi. The past two nights I have coughed so much that I have completely lost my voice. Can't talk. Me. Do you have any idea how frustrating that is? Those of you that know me have some inkling! The funny thing is that my throat isn't sore at all. This same crud started with Absent-Minded Professor earlier in the week, accompanied by a fever of 102. Now I have it. After school today, Mayhem was coughing a bit. I did manage to drag myself in to work today, since some Rx cough medicine with codeine (thanks, Doc!) allowed me to sleep last night. Answering my office phone was quite an adventure today. I'm sure with the raspy, breathiness of my voice, some callers thought for a moment they had called a 1-900 number instead of the school counselor! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and then I have the weekend to rest and recuperate. What are your weekend plans?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOPE you are ALL feeling better, soon, hun! UGH!

Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 8:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Glad you got some sleep at least!! Anybody want to go see Franklin at Threadbare tomorrow?

Friday, January 25, 2008 at 8:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger Dana said...

Feel better missy! I take zicam from November till about May, for all the germ carriers I work with!!

I'm going up north to play in some snow.

Friday, January 25, 2008 at 1:48:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky...I cant. Folks comin to town!

Friday, January 25, 2008 at 9:04:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, Karen, so sorry about the germ-fest! I know you have a busy weekend coming up but maybe - just maybe - you can sneak in a few moments of "you" time.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 12:19:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home