Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Best Gift

Karen Claus brought herself a new camera for Christmas. That's a pretty amazing gift. It's even better than the previous camera that lived here before. That's not the best gift I received for Christmas though.

The best gift I received was something I wanted AND was knitting related! In fact, I had tried to buy this particular item myself, and it had been bought out from under me from Etsy back in November. This is a thoughtful gift, and useful gift. (No, it's not a toaster!) It's even more special because the giver listened to me and took the time to get me something I desired; not to mention something I'll use for knitting! Thank you, Buddy Bill.

I bet you want to see what that gift might be!



Personalized knitting needles! My photo doesn't do them justice, so be sure to check out the link to the original shop posting at Chelle's shop - K needles. The detail on these is amazing!



The sweater isn't done. I'm having sleeve issues, so the sweater is in time-out. I have been knitting on an Irish Hiking Scarf instead. The beginnings are here. I love the beginnings of knitting projects where you can just get a hint of what is to come later. Since this photo was taken, the scarf has grown to about 11 repeats of the pattern. That's Dream in Color Smooshy yarn, in the November Muse color. Find it at my favorite drug.. er.. yarn supplier The Loopy Ewe.




You all aren't done celebrating yet, are you?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

A belated merry Christmas!

And yes, some projects need to be put in timeout...like socks.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 9:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

That Dream in Color yarn is truly dreamy!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 11:17:00 AM EST  
Blogger Diane said...

We aren't done celebrating as long as there are still christmas cookies in the house!

Love your new knitting needles. How cool!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 11:47:00 AM EST  
Blogger KTMay said...

OH WOW! LOVING that smooshy yarn! Hey...if I happen to have the same initials, may I borrow those gorgeous needles?????

Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 6:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Very cool! Happy holidays to you!

Friday, December 28, 2007 at 12:09:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the needles very much!

Hope your Holidays have been smashingly wonderful!

Friday, December 28, 2007 at 12:39:00 PM EST  
Anonymous McAllen Locksmith said...

Thanks for this blog posst

Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 8:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home