Friday, November 30, 2007

Green Sleeve

Knitting is slow going for me, but it's going. At knit nite Tuesday I started a sleeve for Buddy Bill's slow-but-sure Cobblestone sweater. I worked on it Wednedsday night also for a bit. The cuff is done, and I am starting the increases now. Not knitting at school is really messing with my knitting time, since as the day goes on, my wrist pain increases. Does anyone have any elves they can send me to help out? I really, really want to have this done for Christmas! Buddy Bill (bless his heart!) insists that it's OK; whenever the sweater is done is fine with him. That is not OK with me, though. Who wants a wool sweater in May or June?!?!

Mayhem's pink dress arrived yesterday, in plenty of time for Oma's birthday dinner tomorrow night. The icing on the cake is that the dress fits, and is more flattering than anything we tried on at the stores! Since my two wild children are outgrowing everything, both of them needed new shoes also, and we did that yesterday after school. Of course, Absent-Minded Professor was much easier to please than Mayhem. BUT, they are now properly outfitted for a family celebration in a restaurant that also includes close friends of my parents and the one sibling my father has in this country.

I'll be sure to post some photos of the big celebration and my kids all spiffied up.

And since you all were just dying to know this about me:
Your Brain is Purple



Of all the brain types, yours is the most idealistic.
You tend to think wild, amazing thoughts. Your dreams and fantasies are intense.
Your thoughts are creative, inventive, and without boundaries.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking of fictional people and places - or a very different life for yourself.




Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

oh,I would help you.

Friday, November 30, 2007 at 9:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I predict a knitting angel will come to your rescue! Believe it or not, someone came to mine not so long ago. It is a beautiful thing.

Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 6:02:00 AM EST  
Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Have you tried accupuncture for your wrist pain? It worked wonders for me. I hope a knitting angel comes to your rescue soon.

Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 10:36:00 AM EST  
Blogger Buddy Bill said...

It is not when the sweater is done that is important. It is not even the sweater itself that is important. It is, however, the love that went into the sweater that means all the world to to me.

Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

I'm afraid - what if it turns out my brain is gray? Or puke green? :)

Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 11:57:00 AM EST  
Blogger Opal said...

If you need help with the sweater, let me know! I think I can do it, the only problem is I live all the way in Hawaii and mail is taking forever.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 2:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

I think that you'll be able to get it done - I'm cheering you on!

Monday, December 3, 2007 at 4:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Sounds like it's time to get a doctor's prescription for knitting at work. That ought to do it, right?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home