Friday, November 16, 2007

You've Got Mail

Friday got here today, and I barely knew it had arrived. This whole week was a whirlwind of appointments and extra work hours. It seemed I didn't have enough hours in the day to accomplish everything. With having conferences at my school - meaning late, extra work hours for me - and conferences at the kids' school (days off for them), the whole week was topsy turvy. A scheduling nightmare ensued. Buddy Bill surprised me with some lunch yesterday, knowing I arrived at work before sunup and that I would be there long after sunset and dinnertime. We also had some planning to do for the Washington trip in June, but lunch was unexpected and very appreciated.

The kids and I arrived home this afternoon and were greeted by a mailbox stuffed almost as full as the Thanksgiving turkeys my mom makes each year. I had nearly forgotten that my order from Piddleloopon Etsy.com was due! If you have never checked out this shop, go. Right now. I'll wait.

So? What did you think? Want to see what I bought? I love bags! First up is Mr. Black Sheep. He kind of reminds me of someone I know. Me. The ribbon handle says, "I wonder who's knitting for me?" There are some stamped knitting sheep gift tags and a stitch marker that were included in the package as extras. There are always extras from Piddleloop!


Next up is the sock bag I ordered. This bag will hold two yarn cakes, and the knitter has the option of having a grommet put into the bag through which yarn can be threaded. The ball of yarn stays in the bag, the bag stays on the table and the knitter happily knits. Inside there are elastic loops for securing needles. See the sheep button? One more little extra included. :-)

Here's a photo of the bags and some of the goodies. There was a surprise tin of stitch markers! I won't tell you about all of the surprise goodies, because that would ruin your fun.

Suffice it to say, if you're looking to give a gift to a knitting friend, or looking for a new, little bag for yourself, check them out. I'm a repeat customer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I check their site regularly. One of these days there will be the perfect fabric there for me. :)

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 10:04:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun to get goodies in the mail! Enjoy!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 12:01:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Love Piddlepoop! Really cute stuff. Enjoy your goodies - and your weekend!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 12:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely bags. The sheep button is adorable!

Monday, November 19, 2007 at 9:34:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home