Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Joke's on You!

April Fools' in November?

My nephew Andy and his wife had their baby last night! The much-anticipated "Maggie" turned out to be Andy Jr., however! I'm still chuckling over the whole thing after my older sister called me this morning.

The baby shower I attended at the end of September was a sea of pink. Really. There was more pink than I had ever seen in one place at one time before. Did I give pink? Nope. I had crocheted a yellow and white granny square blanket a while back and stashed it away. I supplemented that with a gift card to a baby chain store.

What fun! I have a new great-nephew and everyone that bought pink can go shopping some more!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You're a smart lady for not succumbing to pink mania!

Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 12:07:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! That was my worst fear! Glad all are well and healthy! :)

Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 1:33:00 AM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

That's funny - but tell me this... if you hadn't stashed away that yellow & white baby blanket, what would you have knit them? (and what color would it have been?)

Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 9:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Wow! Quite a shocker, would have liked to see their faces.

Monday, November 12, 2007 at 8:44:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suprise! They baby will be loved nevertheless and they will always have a great story to tell!

Monday, November 12, 2007 at 11:26:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

That's amazing! And what a surprise for the parents... wow!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 4:32:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home