Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cleveland Rocks!

Things were certainly rockin' at The Jake last night friends! 50,000 fans waving terrible towels madly in the air and cheering wildly made an exciting game even more so. The Tribe needs one more win in this series over Boston and they are headed for the World Series!!

Buddy Bill and I arrived plenty early and walked all the way around the field to see the sights, take in all the yummy smells and let me take pictures. Bill carried the bag with my knitting. He carried our coats. He good-naturedly tolerated the red sheep shoes. Arriving early also gave me time buy the kids a couple of souvenir baseballs, which is what they begged me to bring home for them. This is the view from the outfield, just after we arrived at the park.


Our seats were along the Third Base Line, right up above Kenny Lofton's spot in left field. Kenny was on fire! He caught everything! We also had a birds' eye view of Manny Ramirez, who just couldn't get no lovin' despite having played for the Indians in the past.

There's one moment of the entire evening that stands out, though. It stands out even more than the amazing Seven Run 5th Inning! I can't tell you what inning it was. I can't even tell you who was batting, except that it was someone from Boston. At that moment, I leaned into Bill, seated to my right, and rested my head on his shoulder. Bill turned away from the game and said, "I love you, Sweetie."

Just then, the whole crowd did this:


Bill responded by saying, "See? The entire stadium approves!"

Now, this certainly was not the first time Bill expressed his love for me. I must say, though, it is definitely one of the most memorable, thanks to the incredible timing of the Cleveland crowd.

Finally, to top it all off, before midnight, the home team won.



Yes, indeed. Cleveland rocks!

(I finally crawled into bed at a few minutes before 3:00 AM today. For the record, I did go to work!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

That game was great! (And I watched it in my bedroom - can't imagine the noise where you were!) Hope you are already in bed asleep.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 9:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Susan said...

Go Tribe! I just had to organize Red Sox spirit day (scheduled for Thursday) at work. I made sure that the e-mail that went out said, "Support *your* team" because it's not my team. I'm going with the Indians. And I've got my C.C. Sabathia bobblehead (from 70's night in early June) on my desk at work just so everyone knows where I stand.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 10:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun and sweet!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Look at you! Turning into a girly teenager with stars in your eyes. ;)

Sounds like the game was great fun - and it's always better when they win.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 6:35:00 AM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Ohhh, Karen...that gave me chills...how perfectly wonderfully romantic! Mmmm.

I watched the game from the family room seating, and looked for you!!!

GO TRIBE!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 11:46:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Cleveland *does* rock!

So fun that you got to go - thanks for sharing all of the pics with us!

One more... it sortof feels like the whole town is holding their breath today.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 1:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home