Sunday, October 14, 2007

Score!

For as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of the Cleveland Indians baseball team. Even during the years when they couldn't seem to win a game if their lives depended on it, I was a fan. My siblings are fans. My parents are fans. My dad took us to games at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium when we were kids, usually to watch a battle against the Yankees. That old stadium has since been replaced by the beautiful Jacobs Field.
Image from Ballparks of Baseball

If you follow baseball at all, you might know that the Indians are still alive in post-season play! They are battling the Boston Red Sox in the playoffs right now, and the series is tied at 1-1. The Tribe is coming home to Cleveland to play games on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Well, guess who scored tickets for Tuesday night? Yep! Me!!!! Buddy Bill and I are going to the game. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Do I care that I won't get home until probably 2:00 AM and then have to get up for school? Not one bit! When will I get another chance to go to a playoff game?

That does mean I will miss Insanknitty at Yarn Haven on Tuesday night. I will knit, however. I promise. While waiting for the Tatamy Tweed to arrive I have been working on the cast aside Log Cabin afghan. I've also been working on Buddy Bill's Cobblestone sweater. And today I might just start another pair of socks. I have some Colinette Jitterbug calling my name.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed -- but although your happiness brings me joy . . . (I'll leave the rest unsaid). Have a GREAT time!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 4:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Have a great time! And enjoy that Jitterbug... ;)

Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 4:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Dude! That is so cool! Have a great time and don't forget to bundle up!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 4:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

As long as these playoff games are going, you'll be lucky if it's over by 2 a.m. Have fun!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 11:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Grew up in the east burbs of Cleveland...HUGE TRIBE FAN! So excited for you...have a wonderful time!

Wait...missing InsanKnitty? NOT allowed...I'll have these %*@# frogs forever.

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 8:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm still bitter about the time my brother scored tickets to one of the Cubs play-off games... and then promptly sold some of them on Ebay, without asking any other family members if they wanted first dibs at them. He's never going to live that down. Have a great time at the game!

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 11:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

woohoo! have a great time! good luck with the socks! they miss you, too!

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 1:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Wish I was there too!

GO SOX! ;)

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 3:04:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 4:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting and baseball...can it get any better?! Go Tribe!

Monday, October 15, 2007 at 10:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Do the happy dance! You're going to the show. You guys have a fabulous time at the old ball game :o)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 5:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Hope you have a great time tonight! Our whole city is going crazy right now... it's so awesome.

And I'm boycotting knitting SOX during any of the games... for obvious reasons.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 1:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Watching the game right now...I could SWEAR I just saw you waving a towel on television! Seriously!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 10:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home