Monday, September 17, 2007

Cough Cough Sniffle Knit Cough

Being sick is the pits most of the time. This time around, it's tolerable. Yesterday, after the Fossil Fest, I was at Buddy B's and snoozed on the couch and knitted while watching football. He was thoughtful enough to untangle the yarn for me, since the inside of the ball was in a knot, and then kept feeding the yarn to me as I knitted. Without being asked, I might add. (And yes, I know that's a fragment, not a sentence!)

Today I stayed at home sick after coughing all night (and also pulling or tearing a rib muscle which makes it more painful to breathe! ow!) and Buddy B brought me Starbucks and decided a walk in the sun would help me. This is the kind of day we were having... 65 and not a cloud in the sky.

The Toledo Botanical Garden is close to my house, and a peaceful place for a walk. Like always, I took plenty of pictures.


The dahlias were gorgeous!!!


In knitting news, Cobblestone is getting closer to the point where I will be starting the sleeves. At last measure, the body was 13.5" and I have to get to 17". As if I don't have enough to do, I dug out a crochet hook and some yarn from my stash and started a granny square afghan for B's couch this morning. A few months ago, I bought Tatamy Tweed on clearance at my LYS. I bought a huge amount of it. (Confession: I bought 16 or 18 balls of it!!) Right now, Oatmeal, Harvest Gold, Forrest, Birch and maybe some Ginger are being made into a big ol' granny square.

You see, yesterday, while snoozing on B's couch, I realized something was missing. Yep, he needs a blankie to snuggle under. Or should I say, *I* need a blankie to snuggle under?! Since I learned to crochet when I was seven years old, I can crank out a granny square afghan pretty darn quick. I'm not making a bunch of small squares to sew together, however. That would pretty much guarantee this would end up a UFO. Looking at it now, though, I see I need to use much more Oatmeal and Birch to make this a more neutral-colored afghan.


This yarn is very soft and completely machine washable, making it perfect for at B's place.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

Hope you're feeling better. I think I'm coming down with something too.

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Now that we're finally having nice weather is NOT the time to be sick! Take it easy and get better soon.

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 11:12:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! Quiet times spent like that is my favorite - not the big events!

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 11:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like the perfect sick day. hope you are better soon.

we missed you at knitterpalooza, you would have fit right in and made a fun day even more fun.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 10:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dana said...

I haven't checked in on you in a while. Even though you're sick you sound happy, I'm so glad for you! Hope all is well!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 2:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Hope you feel better soon! I like those colors for the crochet afghan!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 5:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Sounds perfectly idyllic - except for the coughing and general yuck. That Buddy though; he's got "keeper" written somewhere, no?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 6:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, man, I was bummed that you missed Insanknitty last night! I actually made it for a change! And the one person who understands my wierd sitch wasn't there. Well, hope you feel better soon so we can catch up next week. Any guy who brings Starbucks (or tahini) and watches out for you is definitely a keeper.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 2:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Hope you're feelin' better! We missed you at Insanknitty last night. The frogs sure enjoyed the ride, though.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 10:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

hope you're feeling better by now!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 11:48:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home