Monday, August 20, 2007

A Friend in Need

Elizabeth Zimmermann, the amazing knitting genius I would meet if I could go back in time, once wrote, "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."

This past weekend, I was OK, and my knitting was OK, but someone very dear to me was going through a personal crisis starting Saturday night. Rock bottom crisis. The good news is that things can only get better from here. (I'm hoping and praying!)

I jumped in and did as much as I could to help, and then I knitted.

What could be more hopeful during a crisis than baby socks? When finished, this will be a pair. The pattern is Super Quick Baby Socks, and the yarn is leftover Banana Cabana from Cider Moon. I'm using US size 5 needles to save my wrists and fingers. These socks already have a home lined up in the near future.

Readers, make sure your friends know they can call on you day or night if they are in need, whether the favor is big or small. Make sure they know you mean it. Then, make sure you're ready to go to their aid when they call. Remind your friends that everyone needs help sometimes, and it's OK to ask for help.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
You are a great friend, and we all need one sometime.
Dale Ann
PS Hopefully the wrists are ok with all that knitting....

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 8:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

The socks look adorable! I'm sorry to hear you have to take a break from the small needles for awhile. Are you going to knitting night tonight?

Vacation pictures look amazing!
Karen

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 11:31:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

hey lady...

you know you can call (or email/text/drop in) me whenever you want or need to, right??

those socks?? freakin' cute. :)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your firend is okay, and baby socks? Always good for a dose of cute and instant gratification. :)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 4:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I am always here to help you, call me if you need me. (You said to tell my friends!!) See you 2nite - yay!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 5:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little socks! I hope your friend will be OK!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 11:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home