Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Eleven

Once upon a time, there was a teeny-tiny early bird, a baby boy born 15 weeks prematurely. At one pound, 12 oz, his name was bigger than he was. Just before his delivery, the doctors and cast of thousands present at his birth, warned us of all the handicaps he would likely have because preemies born that early in 1996 usually lived, but rarely without a handicap or two or twelve.


That teeny-tiny early bird is my Absent Minded Professor, and he is ELEVEN years old today!




Yes, he's pretty much as normal as any eleven year old. Video games. Harry Potter. Star Wars. Yu-Gi-Oh! Bike. Scooter. Tortures sister. He loves rocks and fossils, so we went spelunking at nearby Seneca Caverns yesterday. Tomorrow we have plans to go play miniature golf with two of his best friends.

Look! Two monkeys in the cave!

Nobody gets past me!

All the way at the bottom of the cave, over 110 ft. below the surface, was a river. Cold, cold water (49 degrees Fahrenheit) and Absent Minded Professor had to put his arm in, of course. The water was so clear that in this photo, part of his sleeve is underwater, and it's hard to tell.

In knitting news, I'm not knitting much at all. I have been beseiged by sudden-onset wrist pain that even my Rx naprosyn isn't touching. It's my right wrist, and that's my dominant hand. Before I call my doc, and use a visit to hear him tell me to do the usual things (rest, ice, heat, anti-inflammatory drugs), I decided I'll do those things myself and report to him the results after my trip to Arizona next week. Today I did not knit at all. :-( There is plenty of housework and laundry and... *sigh*

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he looks like a darling lad. great job, mom!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 8:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Liz said...

Happy Birthday to the absent-minded professor!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 8:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Happy Birthday to your miracle boy! And personally, I think "rest" means absolutely no wrist stress (laundry, cooking, limited driving). Take care, Karen.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 10:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

OMG, he looks just like you!

I'm so bummed your wrist still hurts, hope a little rest will set it right.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 10:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Happy happy birthday professor!

Take care of you, K!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 5:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Condolences on the wrist pain, and Happy Birthday to the prof!

Have a great time in AZ and I'll catch up with you at YH when you return.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 6:13:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Happy Birthday AMP!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 6:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Diane said...

Happy 11th Birthday!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 11:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home