Monday, July 23, 2007

Magic and Pointy Sticks

Have you succumbed to the spell that has been cast over the world? Surely you know what I'm talking about. The BIG book. The end of the saga. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I went out just before midnight on Friday to purchase my copy but went to our local grocery store instead of dealing with the Halloween-like atmosphere at the bookstores and big chain stores. The line was short, and I was back in my car headed home by 12:09 AM. Just like all of the other books in the series, I devoured this one, finishing it well before midnight on Saturday. All I will say is that I am satisfied with how it all wrapped up.

My own pointy sticks have been busy as well. I have an FO to report! Socks! The Thuja socks are now a complete pair, having been finished Sunday afternoon. One pair complete for Summer of Socks 2007!


What did I start next, you might be wondering? I cast on for Rusted Root in a lovely light blue called "nymph" in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.

Of course I also started another pair of socks! Victorian Lace socks that the Six Sox KAL is finishing up now kicked my butt a little earlier, and I frogged mine and set them aside. They are back on the needles. That a Cider Moon yarn - Morning Sky in their Icicle weight.


In one week I leave for Phoenix with K2! I will be taking knitting along, most likely socks. Loopy will going too. There's some good photo op's for the Loopy post card out there!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sarah lou said...

yay for HP and pointy sticks!

and that rusted root is going to be gorgeous! i'm wearing mine, today. :)

and yay socks! i looked back at the swirl socks post from sulafaye and she got the go ahead from wendy to add in the numbers for the heel and gusset! just in time, i was so not in the mood to search around and research. ;)

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 12:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Beautiful FO!

And love the new sock... can't wait to see it progress.

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HP - so perfect! I love Thuja! Can't wait to see what your RR looks like - the color is so pretty!

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 4:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Lovely "Thujas" Karen. I just know your Rusted Root will be adorable in that color.

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 5:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are going to be so beautiful in that colorway!!! :) I cast on for sock a few days ago... About 2.5" into the cuff now. And on chapter 8 of HP...

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I also went the grocery store route. Trying to decide if I should start re-reading right now or let it simmer. I was going to wait a week or two, but not sure now that folks are discussing it... :)

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 10:18:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home