Friday, July 06, 2007

That Was Fun

Tuesday night knitting at Yarn Haven ended a little early because of the scheduled fireworks. Some of us decided we needed a little more together time and headed over to a local Mexican place for some food and knitting time. The nice thing about ignoring the fireworks was that we pretty much had the place to ourselves!

Becky should have skipped the fireworks and joined us. Seriously. We were much safer. Now who would have ever thought an evening out with me would have been safer than an evening with Becky's family? Huh. (I must be slipping!!) But before that, Becky gave me these lovely gifties; a book she started and didn't care for and yarn she dyed and spun herself. Yay! (The yarn told me it wants to be mittens when it grows up.)


Today, while out swimming with the kids, I happened upon these lovely flowers. Upon closer inspection, however, the beauty was a bit tainted. Just left of the center of that flower is a tick!! Most bugs don't bug me, but ticks are icky!


I am knitting away on the Baby Surprise Jacket and pretty much ignoring everything else except to knit an occasional row or two on my socks. Right now I'm into Day 6 of my 10-day schedule. As soon as BSJ is done, it is open season on all my other knitting. Even while driving up to Ann Arbor with Sarah to drop into Knit A Round yesterday, it BSJ all the way. Buddy B got a sneak peek at my secret knitting with the silk and cashmere from him and it met with his approval; more because he was happy I am finally knitting with it than anything, I think. I'm twitching to get back to it, tiring of the miles and miles of garter stitch in the BSJ. (I promise, you WILL get to see.)

If you ever doubt the power of Knitters and their effects on society, and even the internet, check out what my friend Liz at Fido Knits has to say today. It will make you think, and give you a grin!

My kids arrived home safely after 6 days out of town with their dad. This morning my mom called and wanted Mayhem to come and stay with her and Dad for a few days, so off she went this evening. She was home long enough for me to do laundry and re-pack her bag. Bye, Mayhem. Be good for Oma and Opa.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like fun! Mayhem in, Mayhem out!

Friday, July 6, 2007 at 11:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I can tell from the photo that you were 1) safer and 2) having way more fun. I have learned my lesson - always choose the option with alcohol.

Friday, July 6, 2007 at 11:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Becky! BTW...nicely done..that yarn is gorgeous!

Karen, Yes, it was NICE to go out and get to know everybody a little better...those spinach enchiladas made my tummy happy! I found the story about Dick the G.I. Joe especially noteworthy!

Ewwwww...ticks...ick!

Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 4:12:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so upset, I miss one Tuesday and you all go out after. And to one of my favorite places. Oh well that will teach me to miss Tuesday night knitting.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 7:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home