Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer of Socks

It started at 5:00AM today! Summer of Socks! Yes, I am participating. As slowly as I knit socks, I hold no illusions that I will be winning any prizes, but I thought it would be fun to knit and play along.

Was I up at 5:00AM knitting socks? No. I was up at 6:30 doing laundry, though, and winding yarn. I have plenty of sock yarn ready for summer. Some new patterns, courtesy of The Loopy Ewe, are in the lineup. And there are even some new yarns to try out, thanks to the latest sneak up Sheri did there in the wee hours of this morning.

WIP's will be happening along with the socks, though. The BSJ has to be completed. The deadline of July 15 is coming soon. K2's little sister is expecting, and the baby shower is scheduled for that day. I'm hoping to complete some baby washcloths also, but won't cast on for them until the sweater is done. Blue Sky Alpaca cotton for those.

I am still working on the Log Cabin. It is growing and is wonderful. I still love it, and in the evenings, when the AC is chilly on my couch, it's a delight to work on! Mindless knitting. The Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece is not hard on one's hands like other cottons. I highly recommend this yarn! It's economical and washable.

The Banana Cabana socks are nearing completion. They won't count for the Summer of Socks, but they will be joining the FO ranks soon. They are so happy and cheerful! The ladies at Yarn Haven keep admiring the yarn from Cider Moon and I'm hoping they work out a deal with Jacki and Gail to carry it in the shop. Sometimes you can order it from The Loopy Ewe but it sells out quickly.

Today's agenda, along with knitting and laundry, was girl time. Mayhem and I picked up Aunt Chris and went for pedicures. (Mayhem got toe polish only.) And no, you can't see up my skirt. That's a skort! Enjoy peeking though. Hehehehee

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

How far are you on the BSJ? The last few rows are a bit long...

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 4:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I wasn't peeking until you brought it up! Looks like it was lots of fun - yay for girly stuff!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 5:11:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goodness, i'm jealous, and really in need of a pedicure.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 7:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I heart pedis! Can we get any inprogress shots of the cabanas?? They're too cheerful! I too have yet to try Cider Moon, I hope to soooon! :)

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 8:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

i so need a pedicure. you gotta stop telling me about all the fun stuff you do during the day while i'm trying to work. :P hehehe

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 10:38:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that you're getting a pedicure and also knitting socks?! Glad that you are having some girl time!

Friday, June 22, 2007 at 2:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Vera said...

Great yarns and patterns for SOS. What pattern will you do first?

Friday, June 22, 2007 at 6:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dana said...

I love to get pedicures, cuz then I can knit too. Can't say the same for manicures!

Friday, June 22, 2007 at 1:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for summer of socks!!! I'm totally jealous of your pedicure btw.

Monday, June 25, 2007 at 5:44:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home