Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Packing. And Packing. And More Packing.

If you recall, I'm packing my office to move buildings. That job is mostly finished, and since today is teacher work day (students finished yesterday), I will wrap up today. I have one more day to work next week doing paperwork related to grades and test scores. My office is stacked with boxes and looks very sad indeed. My desk, usually stocked with Magic 8 Balls, and magic wands and stress balls and all sorts of other gizmos is now empty. The walls are bare. I'm trying to look forward and not be sad.

Along with packing my office, I am packing myself for the Washington, DC trip. It's tomorrow! What has taken a whole school year to prepare for is less than 24 hours away. eeeeek! I have a list. I have a list for keeping track of my list. I have copies of room lists and bus lists for the chaperones. I have extra bandaids for kids. Sunscreen for kids who don't believe that they'll need it. And I have my knitting. I've decided upon two pairs of a socks and the baby surprise jacket which is 1/3 complete.

So what is the "More Packing?" Mayhem leaves for girl scout camp the day after I return from Washington! While she and Absent Minded Professor will enjoy playing with their dad while I'm gone, I know I can't count on him to get her packed. I have to get that done, or organized before I leave. Then I have to hope and pray she won't unpack it to check out the stuff while I'm gone!

Instead of working diligently on all of this last night what did I do? I went to knitting nite at Yarn Haven of course! I needed a mental health break and what better way to chill than to hang out with the ladies and inhale yarn fumes? I had gifts to deliver to Becky. Johari and Sarah couldn't make it, but shop owners Bobbie and Dale wanted a report about Knitters Connection. I brought them some cards from vendors and showed some goodies. The heel is finished on Banana Cabana sock #2. A 40% off sale yielded a bag full of Tatamy Tweed in lovely colors for another afghan... either granny square or mitered sqares. "You oughter miter," Becky said.

I leave the house at 5:45 tomorrow morning. I'll be home sometime Sunday. I won't say I'll be good, but whatever I do, I'll do well! Hehehehe

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Have a great time! See you on the 'flip side'!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 10:42:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

As I read your post, I can just feel your stress! Breathe!! Have a fabulous time and don't forget to take pictures.
Yay miters!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 1:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

so sad i missed knitting last night, but i'm glad you got a chance to relax. just remember that once you're on that bus you get hours and hours of straight knitting time! wooooohooooooo!

*hugs* have a wonderful trip!! :D

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 6:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger g-girl said...

have a wonderful time and i hope you can finish the projects you're bringing along! :)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 10:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :)

Friday, June 15, 2007 at 9:29:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Take lots of photos.

Friday, June 15, 2007 at 7:21:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home