Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Knitting Nite Discussions

Put a room full of women together knitting and you just never know what will come up in conversation. Heh heh heh. Levitr@. The "longer than four hour" problem mentioned in commercials. The fix to the longer than four hour problem if one should go to the ER (thanks, Dr. Becky!) after using such a medication. Guys, don't ask. Seriously.

We did talk about knitting, too. Really! Sarah Lou just returned from Chicago and brought gifties! My fiber friend gave me a lovely nail file for my knitting bag all the way from Loopy Yarns that is covered with sheep in a green field. Isn't it adorable? And after discussing the Knit Lite needles last week, I was gifted with my very own pair! (Sorry, B, I guess I don't need that coal miner's headlamp you were going to get me for me for knitting in the dark with after all. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, though!)

We also had to admire Sarah's completed socks... The big pair, and the two baby pairs.

Sarah also wore her completed Rusted Root sweater which looks amazing on her, and makes me want to start mine. Must. Finish. Some. WIP's.

Johari made it to YH to knit with us again, and because all the cool kids are doing it, she started on her very first pair of socks. Yay! After finishing the block of my log cabin I was working on, I dug my sock out of my bag and Becky, Sarah, Johari and I all had our own little sock club going on in the book nook of the shop. I made some good progress on the gussett of my sock (Cider Moon of course) and Bobbi and Dale are now in love with Cider Moon yarns. Ummm, how could you not be??

After much yarn fondling and inhaling of wooly fumes, I had enough willpower to buy nothing. Yes, you read that correctly. I kept reminding myself that June 9 and Knitters Connection in Columbus will be here before I know it and I will want to spend $$ there!

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah lou said...

man, i have ugly feet...

but cute socks!! :) fun again, last night. i might be in for next tuesday, but it's bren's birthday, so we'll see! ;)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 5:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee! 4 hrs....

I'm so juvenile.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 7:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

So proud to say I was there when the little socks on big toes pictures were taken! Lucky that you captured it on film for all to share. :)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 9:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love everything!!!!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 7:26:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home