Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The World Is Shrinking

Last night Sarah and I went to Yarn Haven again for S n' B, a regular Tuesday night occurrence there. I had the great pleasure of finally meeting Becky! She's sweet and softspoken, a pediatrician outside of the knitblog world. Becky brought her Bayerische sock to work on, which just blew me away. Oh my, did we ever laugh last night! There was another bonus to the evening; I won the door prize! Last night's goodie bag contained a skein of Plymouth Encore chunky, a pattern for a hat and scarf and a retractable tape measure. While there I treated myself to EZ's The Opinionated Knitter since it was the last one on the shelf!

I blame last night's bout of insomnia on Becky though. She showed me the fugliest pants in the world in an otherwise beautiful knitting book. Mitered squares and 17 skeins of Koigu. Check these out! Warning... really, really, bizarre! Koigu pants Seriously, people. If I had the opportunity to splurge on 17 skeins of Koigu, I surely wouldn't be knitting pants! I'm just sayin'.

Last night's insomnia had some benefits, though. Loopy benefits. Yes, I was awake for the latest Loopy Ewe sneak-up. Now there's a surprise. (NOT!) After that, I spent some time googling the Koigu pants to see if I could find anyone who had actually made them. Lots of opinions, no actual finished pants.

The shrinking world thing? Through blogging I have met three other knitters right here in my own T-Town. They aren't imaginary friends!
And just so you know that I'm knitting, here's my Log Cabin afghan as of today:

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

Those pants are sweet. I don't see what's wrong with them.

But seriously...that is not a good look.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 12:36:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! 17 skeins of Koigu adds up to around $210 and some really fugly and uncomfortable pants! I'd say that model is really skinny so taking into account my bigger size, those pants would cost even more money for me!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 1:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

hehehe PANTS! so glad we got to do SnB, since i'll be gone all weekend. can you come with johari and i next week?

hey, did you notice it's thursday already? just one more day and it's a three day weekend! w00t!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 9:39:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an ugly pair of pants!!! I like your log cabin.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 10:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

YAY FOR TOLEDO KNITTERS... I'd come to YH as well... but i'm living away now... and being home on a tuesday isn't going to be common... :) so i guess i'm stuck hearing about it (which i love btw)

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

That blankie is getting bigger! I told my nurses that someone found me to be soft-spoken and they died laughing. I must have been using my company manners on Tuesday night. lol

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 11:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You know how much I like meeting my knit-minded peeps! Always a good time :o)

Those Koigu pants? They would've been just the thing...in 1973!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 2:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Koigu pants should be a prosecutable offense.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 5:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger toledonative said...

Man, I wish I could have made it this week...it was our school's annual "Festival of the Arts" - artwork from every kid, all the middle school bands play, followed by my 8th graders' play. It was a good play and the bands were decent for once, but I think I would still have rather been knittin'. Summer IS coming right?sigh...I think I need to start counting down in hours not days...the end is in sight!

The log cabin blanket is looking awesome! I haven't begun one of those yet, but it is on my list! (The list I'd have to live to be 192 and a half to ever finish!)

Hope to make it next week!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 7:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home