Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tag! I'm it!

Seven Random (and little-known) facts about me...

You may have seen these lists on other blogs. I noted the other day that Becky tagged me, and have been thinking about what to list here ever since. It hasn't kept me awake, but while I've been unable to sleep, it's been on my mind. Anyway, the rules are to post seven random, interesting or weird facts and then tag seven other people. Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

1. I am a first generation American. My mom and dad both came here from Germany in the early 1950's. Separately. They met here, in Ohio, got married and had 5 kids. All of my relatives, except for one of my dad's brothers (and his family) are all back in Germany. I have a half brother there, whom I've never met. (Not because I haven't been there, but because he's supposed to be a secret.)

2. My best friend is also named Karen and we've been best friends since 3rd grade. We don't live in the same city anymore, but still finish each others' sentences and often show up for visits wearing almost the exact same outfit. If you unpacked our suitcases, you would find that we packed the same things - even the same color nail polish! Our friends call us K1 and K2.

3. Unlike some other people, I am not freaked out by the sight of blood or bad injuries. When our school nurse is not around (we only have her 1-2 days a week) I am often called to help with injuries and emergencies at school... broken bones, seizures, diabetic issues. Maybe it's from all my years as a lifeguard/pool manager and then all my time with Absent Minded Professor in NICU and his seven surgeries afterward.

4. Critters and animals don't freak me out either. I regularly catch snakes, turtles, frogs, toads, tadpoles, fish, praying mantis... for the kids. Later they are released. And bugs in the house don't get squashed. They are caught in the bug jar and released outside. I do, however, refuse to have a pet that poops in the house. If it can't be trained to "go" outside, I'm not having it!

5. What does freak me out? Thunder and lightning. Send me a blizzard. Send me a flood or windstorm. Just don't send any thunder or lightning. Long story.

6. One thing I really want to do before I die is sail in a hot air balloon. I don't mean a hot air balloon that is still tethered to the ground, but a real, honest-to-goodness balloon ride where a crew on the ground is chasing us until we land.

7. I still have my teddy bear from when I was a kid. I've had him since I was about three years old. My oldest sister brought him from Germany for me when she was 14 (yes, she's that much older than I am). His name is Humphrey. Here he is!


Now, who shall I tag? Liz, Kelli, Susan, Mark, Sarah Lou, Sherry. I know. That's six, not seven. I am not going to tag more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 and 3 are me too.

4 - snakes? Yech!!!

5 - Love thunder and lightning!

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 12:27:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home