Saturday, May 12, 2007

From the Peanut Gallery

Since I don't seem to be finishing anything, and I have yet to find a drug called "Knitalin" to cure my knitting ADD, I thought I would address some of the comments previously left for me in this entry.

Beth asked "Is there enough in the Duets yarn to knit the socks w/o using the coordinating heel/toe yarn?" I suppose it would depend on the pattern. The total yardage is 360 yds., but separate yardage for the solid and variegated is not listed on the label. Want me to weight them?

Becky C. said, "I think you and I could co-enable each other right into the poorhouse!" No doubt about that, Becky. Sarah and I are doing a great job of it already. Good thing all three of us haven't manged to meet up yet!

Sarah Lou commented, "thanks for enabling me... again!!" No problem... again. Just remember you asked, no *begged* for that Loopy Ewe info! (Hey, we knitted together this morning and didn't buy any yarn.)

Liz left this comment, "Unfortunately, I am buying yarn faster than I can knit it. MUCH faster." Same here, friend. Same here.

My Namaste Messenger bag arrived and wowee! does it ever hold a lot of stuff! I'm loving it! Right now it has the following inside, and isn't even full:
  • Cider Moon banana cabana sock - in progress
  • Baby Surprise Jacket- in progress
  • Clapotis - in progress
  • practice sock on 2 circs - in progress
  • Sensational Knitted Socks book
  • Notions bag (stitch markers, scissors, etc)
  • Patterns for the 4 projects above
  • Notebook, 2 pens
  • 3 hanks of yarn (Yarn Pirate and Claudia Handpainted - to show Sarah today)

What am I trying to NOT cast on? My Rusted Root sweater and my knitted Log Cabin afghan. Seriously. I have to finish something!

Happy Mother's Day to those of you celebrating this weekend. My mom is out of the country right now... in her mid-70's and traveling with Dad in Germany.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

No need to weigh it - it was just so pretty on its own. And I suppose I've never been a fan of coordinating heels and toes. That always seems like the last resort when you're running short of yarn.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 4:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rusted Root is coming up for me too!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 3:34:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo lady, specs but no pic? What is up with that? lol

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 3:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

ok, so remind me when we knit outside in the future, no matter the heat or cloud cover of the day, i need to wear sunblock!! :oP

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home