Monday, April 30, 2007

Knitting onward... and butterflies

From the comments in my last post, I have a great deal of company in the frog pond. How about we inflate the rafts and beach balls, knitter friends? I'll whip up a couple of pitchers of drinks and we'll have a pool party while we fix these projects! Thanks, Liz, Tiennie, and Kate for sharing some sympathy.

I'm making progress on Section 2 of Clapotis and am loving the colors! I think it will be gorgeous when I start dropping stitches (yes, I said dropping stitches). Try wrapping your head around a pattern where you knit like crazy for miles and then drop stitches for rows and rows and rows... It's already soft and drapey, my Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb. A luxury item.

Tomorrow evening Sarah and I are going to hear Annie Modesitt speak! The Knitting Heretic herself. Only 40 people were able to get seats, and she'll sign books afterward. I'm looking forward to this, not just to hear Annie speaking on "if you end up with a fabric you like, you did it right" but also for an evening out! (Mom, did you hear that? Another person touting more than one right way to knit! Imagine that.) I believe Dana is coming in for this one as well and it will be fun to see her again.

Lastly, here's what the kiddos and I did yesterday. The Butterfly House is a large greenhouse full of plants and waterfalls. Butterflies flit freely through the space landing wherever they please, including on the people!

Hold very, very still...

Delighted Absent-Minded Professor

This butterfly would make a great yarn color combo...

"Mom, check out this GIANT moth over my shoulder! Good thing you left your knitting in the car!"

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love visiting the butterfly house! Have fun at the Modesitt talk - I'm jealous.

You're very welcome!

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 9:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Oh, that last one is great. And the butterfly would make a great colorway

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 10:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I took an Annie Modesitt class last summer and my only regret was not signing up for more of them. :)

Have a great time!

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 10:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dana said...

Yes ma'am, I'll be there. Possibly sporting Tempting for it's second official knitter's outing. I'm bringing my mom too, I can't wait to go!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

tonight will be a much needed relief from some of the crap i've let myself worry about lately.

i. cannot. wait. (4 hours to drinks at quimby's!)

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 1:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Very cute butterfly/kid pics! Have fun with Annie Modesitt - can't wait to hear all about it!

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 5:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger g-girl said...

i love mayhem's sense of humor!!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 11:29:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home