New Gadget and a To-Do List
Do you have gadgets that help you with your knitting and yarn management?
I have a ball winder. I even have a swift to hold those big hanks of yarn while winding them into balls. What I didn't have was a way to accurately measure when dividing those hanks into two (or more) equal balls of yarn. I've tried eye-balling. Being new to sock knitting, I just didn't want to take a chance on not having equal amounts of yarn for each sock. Know what I did? I treated myself to a new gadget over the weekend. It's a Salter food scale that weighs in grams and ounces, and is perfect for weighing yarn! Look at that. Half a Banana Cabana.
And All My Gadgets. No, it's not a soap opera. That would be funny though. Will the ball winder run away with the scale? Is the swift cheating on the ball winder? Tune in next time to find out who says, "I can't believe you let Red Rover get all wound up!"
Buddy B wanted to know what I was dealing besides sock yarn. Shhhhh! B. You're a bad influence.
This week I have a long list of things I want to accomplish:
- Mail a yarny gift to my friend Hilde in Norway. I bought some Cider Moon for her!
- Finish putting together the package for my Knitters Treat Exchange Pal.
- Mail a baby gift to a friend that I've had finished for a while.
- Send off my hat to The Loopy Ewe for the Quarterly Challenge.
- Reserve and pay for seats at LYS Vintage Yarns to hear Annie Modesitt speak on May 1.(DONE!)
Looking at the list, I realize that the USPS is going to love me here shortly. Gotta run. I'm heading to a SnB at Yarn Haven, which is still website-less. Checking out a new store and meeting up with girls!