Sunday, April 15, 2007

FO's and New Projects

Warning: Knitting content ahead!

First of all, I have a couple of little, quick, FO's to show you. The first is a cute, little knitted bunny that I made for Mayhem for Easter.

See the Longaberger baskets?
It's a quick knit, any slightly fuzzy yarn will do the trick. Best of all, you knit a rectangle and then stitch it together almost like origami. After that you knit a couple of ears. Here's the pattern if you want to make some yourself: Knitted Bunny. (Kelli? You reading this??)

Friday night, when I couldn't sleep, I completed a small hat. This is made from superwash sock yarn and will be headed to The Loopy Ewe's Quarterly Challenge, and then to an orphanage in China. As you can see, the hat is lovingly modeled by my old friend Humphrey. Humphrey came to me from Germany as a gift from my oldest sister when I was 4 yrs. old. The pattern for the hat came out of Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
Having finished my Just Ribbing socks, and taken them for a test run by wearing them all day at school on Friday, I can officially say they are real socks! I love them. They received many compliments. Even our home ec (excuse me, Family and Consumer Science) teacher proclaimed them fabulous. Today I am casting on another pair of socks using Banana Cabana yarn from Cider Moon. This link shows you colorways. Banana Cabana isn't there because it sells out! There's a photo on my blog in another post if you read.

Last but not least, some of you may still be wondering which big project I decided to cast on next. Clapotis? Log Cabin? Well, here it is. In Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb (wool and silk), color Tuscany:

The beginning of my Clapotis. The color isn't accurate at all. It's more red than pink, a wine color, with blue and sage green and tan.

This week I'm checking out a new yarn store in the area called "Yarn Haven" with a fellow blogger Sarah Lou. Watch for the scoop on that after mid-week.

If you're lurking, de-lurk and leave a comment!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger miss ewe said...

Ooooh... your Clapotis will look gorgeous in the LL!
Love the teddy bear shot! He looks pretty happy with that hat!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger g-girl said...

oh my goodness! A bunny! I love it! I can't wait until next Easter--I now have a bunny, an egg, and a cute lil chick to knit up for my niece. thanks for the pattern link!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 12:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Emma said...

Ha! Cute bunny. Clapotis is going to be freaking gorgeous! Have fun with it.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 12:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

Yarn Haven is awesome! It's kinda small but it's got a lot inside!!!! And it's been weeks since I was last there and I know they were saying more was yet to come! :)

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great projects! I will knit a clapotis someday.

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 3:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger toledonative said...

Yarn Haven is owned by two friends of mine! They are way cool and totally awesome! To see pics of the store, check out my blog at www.woolyfrog.blogspot.com

You will love it!

And nice job on the socks (and the hat!) I still wear my first-ever socks about once a week!

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 9:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home