Thursday, April 12, 2007

Seeing Double

Look! There's two of them! My first "big people" socks.


The details:
Yarn: Apple Pie (merino wool, silk, mohair and nylon) by Apple Laine.
Color: Wild Thing
Pattern: Just Ribbing
Needles: Size 2 (US) dpns

Having read the suggestions in the comments, and having thought about them, I cast on for my next project yesterday afternoon between meetings. I had one meeting immediately after school, then a break, and another meeting back at school at 6:30. There was no point in driving home in between. I settled in to knit for 35 minutes before having the mandatory parent meeting with parents of the students going on the Washington, D.C. trip in June. (Have I mentioned that Buddy B and I are taking 95 seventh graders to our nation's capital as soon as school is out? Now you know I'm certifiable!)

What's that? Oh! You want to know what I chose to make next! Details, details.

I'll tell you in my next post, when I have some real progress to show you.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Can't wait to see what you pick. Did you get in on Sheri's sneak up-date?

Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 6:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Of course I got in on the sneak up-date! I bought some Lorna's Laces. :-) I even enabled someone else to get in on the update! LOL

Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 7:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the socks! Can't wait to see what you'll be working on next!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

95 kids????????????? holey moley! take some knittin' (Valium!)

Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 10:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! 95 kids??!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007 at 2:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

They look awesome!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007 at 12:31:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I *love* Washington DC! Hope you manage to have fun, 95 kids or not. :)

Friday, April 13, 2007 at 6:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Congrats on your socks!!!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 11:39:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home