Wednesday, March 28, 2007

EZ Says

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit.
So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference.
~Elizabeth Zimmerman
The other day, when I complained about my mom taking over my knitting, telling me I was doing it all wrong, this quote from the great EZ came to mind. It's really what got me through the moment. More like the long, long, afternoon. (I know, that wasn't a sentence!) Since I made a point of mentioning EZ's words the other day, I thought I would share the whole quote with all of you.
Don't expect to me to pull off a submissive smile, though.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never ever correct someone holding pointy sticks. I'm just sayin'.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 8:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Isn't it interesting how this runs contrary to how we're taught things? (There's a right way to do something and a wrong way to do something.)

Honestly, this is probably a good way to deal with any situation in which someone claims you're doing something wrong.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 9:26:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home