Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Lucky Day

Every day I read Stumbling Over Chaos to see what Chris and her cats, Chaos and Mayhem are up to. Chris is great at posting the contests other bloggers are having and once in a while I drop in on a new blog and enter a contest. I usually enter if there are yarn or knitting books involved; more to comment on the new blog I've found, than expecting to win. I've found some of the regular sites I read daily that way.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I opened my email to find a message from Sprite telling me I was one of the winners in her recent blog contest. She had asked about book recommendations and chose winners at random. Lucky me! It looks like I will be the recipient of two balls of Panda Cotton yarn in the Fern (greens and yellows) colorway and some sock-shaped point protectors. Thanks, Sprite! Picture of Prize

Forget jewels or expensive tokens. Just give me a little bit of yarn now and then and I'll be happy. Oh, and something good to drink while I'm knitting.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 2:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!! It's always good to hear that people like the contest links. :)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 4:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was exciting to read all the book suggestions you guys came up with. I'm the lucky one.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 9:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Congratulations. It's always nice to have something nice and unexpected happen.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 10:39:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home