Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stash Enhancement

For ages now I have been longing to knit a Log Cabin afghan; ever since I bought the Mason-Dixon Knitting book last April. I have looked at many different yarns and have wondered if Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece might be the best choice. I didn't want something all cotton, but am drawn to cottony yarns. I'm someone who wants to touch before buying though, so I delayed making a decision. My LYS just started carrying Cotton Fleece and today I stocked up with eight skeins to get started. Some people don't like making afghans, they complain about them being boring. I loved the basketweave afghan I made my best friend, K2, last year. This one might be perfect for covering up with on the bus as we drive home from Washington, D.C. in June. The overnight bus ride home is a little chilly, as I found out last year.

Yeah, I know. I need another project like I need a hole in the head. You might notice I did not say I was going to start this Log Cabin project right away! Want to take bets on how long I can delay? With colors like Wolverine Blue, My Blue Heaven, Barn Red and Banana, I don't know how long I can hold out!



Did I mention why I was at the yarn store to begin with? It was to meet my friend Sharon so that Mayhem could deliver the Girl Scout Cookies to her! Sharon knew I needed a little retail therapy this week, I guess.

I did, however, already start another project. My younger sister turns 39 next month, and yesterday I cast on for the Booga Bag. I promised her a "real purse" for her birthday. She loves the little clutch I gave her at Christmas, but needs something she can really use every day. It's turning out to be a quick knit - I'm 1/3 of the way finished already. Gotta love circular knitting! I'm using Noro Kureyon in dark colors, blues, grey, purple and a little green. It's a discontinued colorway, #52, I believe. Picture soon, I'm sure.

The Wild Thing sock isn't very wild. It is slowly coming along. About 4 inches of the 6 inch top is knit so far. My mom and dad saw it Saturday and were surprised that I had moved on to knitting socks. Having grown up in Germany during WWII, they both learned to knit socks at a very young age. For once, I didn't take any "ribbing" (get it?) or teasing about my knitting, with the exception of the chosen color. I guess socks are "real knitting" in Mom's book. Dad commented that he loves to wear handknit socks, so once I have this sock thing for big people moving faster, he's getting some.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will make a great log cabin bag!

Friday, March 9, 2007 at 4:15:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops I meant just log cabin and not bag!

Friday, March 9, 2007 at 4:15:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home