Saturday, February 24, 2007

Jumping in with both feet

Socks, I mean!

I finished the baby test sock. I even did a successful kitchener/grafting of the toe. Now, with the yummy Apple Pie sock yarn I have, I am going to start a pair of socks for myself. You wouldn't believe the number of sock patterns I have looked at over the past few weeks. Maybe you would. Certainly those of you that know me and my thinking problem would have some idea.

Here's what I decided upon, anyway. Just Ribbing. It's posted on the Apple Laine website, home of the Apple Pie yarn. The pattern has the rows all written out for each section of the sock, and some areas are even color coded to help one keep track of one's place in the pattern. I just have to decide now if I'm going to use the Red Delicious or the Wild Thing!

Tonight we have a winter storm warning again. This time ice is being predicted for tonight and tomorrow morning. I suppose my day will spent hauling in more firewood and running out to get the proper sized dpn's for starting the socks. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check the flashlights, either, and make sure my cell phone has a full charge. We may lose power and phone service. Storms always affect how I sleep, so I might as well have something to keep me busy tonight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home