Friday, February 02, 2007

Laurie said that Allison said...

Anyone who has been paying attention around here knows I'm a junior high school counselor. Dealing with girl stuff and rumors becomes an enormous part of each day as the school year progresses and the lovely adolescents decide that their social antics are more important than their academic pursuits. Just this morning, which purely by coincidence, I'm sure, happens to also be a full moon, I was greeted by Ashley in tears. Sobbing. Nearly hyperventilating. School hadn't even started yet. The cause of this drama? Chelsea wanted to beat her up. Ashley doesn't even know Chelsea. But it had to be true! Ashley's best friend Brittany told her.

My coffee wasn't even done brewing yet. I actually prayed for patience.

So who are Laurie and Allison?

Laurie, aka Crazy Aunt Purl, told faithful readers earlier this week all about her friend Allison and baby Evan. Laurie said she went to visit Allison for her birthday and found out that Evan has a brain tumor - he's three months old - and needs brain surgery.

Allison has an eBay store full of all sorts of yarny goodness, which is her source of income. I experienced the fastest shipping experience of my entire life when I shopped at Super Crafty. Seriously. Shopped Wednesday. Yarn (Noro Kureyon) and pattern for a Booga Bag arrived today. My package even included a surprise button to wear that says, "Ask Me About My Stash."

After dealing with Ashley crying about what Brittany said that Chelsea said, receiving the package that was the result of listening to what Laurie said about what Allison said about Evan was exactly what I needed.

If that made sense to you, then you probably spend too much time around junior high girls!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now teach high school, however for the past two years I was teaching jr high/middle school. I feel your pain.

Sunday, February 4, 2007 at 3:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Liz said...

Ugh. I don't live it every day, but can still remember it. You could not pay me enough to re-do 7th through 12th grade. Seriously.

Monday, February 5, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home