Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy February!

I have a special fondness for February. Lots of good things happen this month. President's Day (and a corresponding day off school!). My parents' wedding anniversary (52 years this year). Groundhog Day. February is the shortest month of the year. It's also usually good for a couple of snow days. (Notice I left out February 14? Blech. Phooey!)

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about support groups and I happened upon this site: Knitter's Anonymous. There is some very amusing merchandise there. When I showed it to my friend, however, I was told that I am "beyond help." My response was that I hadn't asked for help! I rather like myself just the way I am, thank-you-very-much. It was all in fun, of course.

Here's a knitting update. I still have four WIP's. Calorimetry is half finished. The Irish Hiking Scarf #2 is half finished, more than half if I don't make it 6" long like the first one. (I am seriously considering keeping it for myself because I am loving the stripes!) I am nearly finished with slipper one of Mayhem's pair. Sadly, however, my green sweater is stalled again. Poor, poor, green sweater. Must. Work. On. Sweater.

This weekend I don't expect to venture out much. We are expecting temps to dip down to ZERO each night starting Saturday, with highs in the single digits. It will be a good weekend to catch up on housework and knit.

Guess which one I prefer?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for sharing that website - it's hilarious!!!

and I"m with you on the stay in this weekend... according to my garden clock/thermometer it's -8 outside right now! -8!!!

Sunday, February 4, 2007 at 8:33:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home