Saturday, January 27, 2007

Desktop Meme (pronounced "meem")

Kat wants to know what we all are using as images for our desktops. I found out about it from my friend Liz.

This is what greets me on my desktop every day. It's an enormous basket from The Longaberger Homestead, in Central Ohio. I took the photo myself when my best friend and I were there in July. We go every summer together. Every one of these baskets is hand made. I appreciated the craftsmanship and hard work that went into each basket long before I even started knitting. I have even made my very own Longaberger basket, guided by a skilled Longaberger weaver one on one.



I have to tell you that I have some pretty big Longaberger baskets, but none this big. I haven't counted lately, but I bet I am approaching 100. They are wonderful for hiding yarn - make that storing yarn - inside!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Cool photo -- thanks for playing along. I have a couple of Longaberger baskets, too. They are extremely well-made, although pricey. That's the way with well-crafted hand-made stuff, though; I don't begrudge them the money.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 1:05:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home