Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Latest Reaction to My Knitting

Earlier this week I mailed Halfdome out to a friend of mine who lives in California. He and I have known each other since junior high. It arrived yesterday, apparently, for in my email inbox was a message with "Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!" in the subject line. The text of the email contained the words, "I love it!" and "I'll wear the lid this weekend," and "thanks, Buddy." I guess that means he likes the hat. California has been uncharacteristically cold, even in Los Angeles, and my old friend shaves his head. (I can call him "old" because he is 6 weeks older than I am!) With working in law enforcement, I guess it gives the bad guys one less place to grab.

I am one step closer to my 2007 Knitting Goal of learning to knit socks. I have purchased some sock yarn! Yes, I know it would be difficult, if not impossible to knit socks without sock yarn. I figured if I really was serious about making socks, I had better get some sock yarn into my house. What did I buy? you ask. I bought Apple Pie Yarn in the Wild Thing colorway. Like it? I also couldn't resist MacIntosh since red is my favorite color. The sock yarn and I will be getting acquainted soon. You can see all of the colors of Apple Pie at Apple Laine.

Progress on the Kuryeon Chan bag was quick. It's off the needles, except for the i-cord straps. Two of the three straps are finished and hopefully, courtesy of Grey's Anatomy, it will be entirely finished tonight and ready to be felted. What a quick knit! Pictures soon, of course.

One more thing I have to tell you, just because it amused me and my Buddy B. My fortune cookie had these words enclosed:

Be mischievous and you will never be lonely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh KAren I think your *daughter* was the one supposed to get that fortune LOL.

And you don't necessarily need sock yarn to make socks, boot socks work nicely out of worsted weight yarn. Enjoy making socks though, you have made so many complicated things so I don't think you'll have any problems. Knit a "test" sock first though so you learn everything.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 8:17:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some yummy lookin' yarn! And I love the name "Wild Thing." Somehow it seems fitting . . .

Friday, January 26, 2007 at 9:08:00 AM EST  
Blogger Ejly said...

Karen, did you get your daughter's fortune? LOL

Friday, February 2, 2007 at 9:36:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home