Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Certifiable

I bought a ballwinder for myself a little while back. It really decreased the amount of time it took for me to get yarn from hanks into balls. I still had trouble with tangled up yarn, though. After much thought and consideration, I decided I needed a yarn swift as well.

The big question was, what type?? I knew I didn't want a metal/plastic combo. I also didn't want to spend a great deal of money. Whatever I purchased had to be something which could be folded up and put away in a small amount of space. My house is only 1675 sq. ft. After looking around and doing some research, I found this on eBay.



I found this nifty gadget in an eBay store called Knitting Notions. I'll let you know how it works out, since I paid for it last night, and it has already shipped out today!

Not much progress has been made on the sweater. I haven't been able to get into knitting a wool sweater when we haven't had winter. Today was finally cold, with wind chills in the 20's, so I plan to knit tonight.

I've been skipping knitting to go to bed early the past few nights. Kids and teachers have been dropping like flies at school from the flu and other illnesses. I'm trying to make sure I stay healthy. Today alone we sent 12 kids home before lunch (some with the barfies, other with fever/chills) and more after lunch. At last count, 17 or 18 had gone home! That was in addition to the 52 that were already absent.

Something that made me giggle today... Crazy Aunt Purl was showing off pictures of her kitty in the Kitty Pi (knitted cat bed). All at once I wondered (insanity has truly hit) about how much yarn it might take to make a Bruno-sized Pi. Labrador Pi. Yep. I'm certifiable now for sure if I'm even contemplating a knitted, felted, dog bed big enough for a freakin' 120 pound Labrador Retriever.

But just how much yarn do you think? Gotta try out that swift, ya know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-gads! Lotsa sickies where you work, huh? Well ... 'tis the season. Stay well! (and remember: Wash. Your. Hands.)

That swift looks awesome.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 8:26:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by to say hi and thanks for commenting on my site.

I'm kind of happy it's turned colder because it gives me a reason to wear the scarves I've knitted. I can see where you're coming from with the sweater.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 6:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

A lab pie? if you go to the kitty pie website there is a gallery and one of the pictures is of a lab laying on top of a kitty pie!

Friday, January 12, 2007 at 9:27:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home