Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First Words

I've been contemplating what my first blog words of 2007 should be. Something simple? Something profound? Something exclusively knitterly? Silly words from the kids?

Even right now, as I am multi-tasking (supervising Mayhem doing homework, blogging, and cooking potatoes to have along with the crock pot contents for dinner), I am not sure of the final content of this entry. Yes, the New Year is fresh, full of promise and potential. Yes, people everywhere are making resolutions of all shapes and sizes; some measurable, some lofty and totally unattainable.

Me? Not so much. I'm not big on resolutions. Get through the year. Dream more. Worry less.

I am more and more proud to be considered a Knitter. If you haven't clicked on the "Knitters Without Borders" button over on the sidebar, take a minute to do that. Go check out the total amount of money that knitters have donated to Doctors Without Borders. Did you do it yet? I'm part of that total. The Yarn Harlot challenged her readers on December 15 to double the $120,000 that was already there. Within 72 hours, the challenge was met. She's swamped with emails, still adding up the donations! Yay team! Don't mess with us. We're on a BIG team, and we play with pointy sticks.

Also, check out the new button on the sidebar. I have joined the Knit Ohio blog ring. Thanks, Jeanne, for the warm welcome!

My first FO (Finished Object) of 2007 will be yet another felted clutch... this one heading to Cleveland for my best friend's 40th birthday. It's the least I can do. After all, she has to turn 40 before I do!

Any big predictions for 2007? I'm predicting an Ohio snowstorm for February, that I will come into a significant sum of money and that Mayhem will tell my mother about the piercing I have managed to keep quiet!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Karen on a good '06 and I wish you well in 2007.

What's this about a piercing??? (like I'm one to talk)

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 12:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Eva, it's like the one you got in Chicago! LOL My oldest, dearest friend and I did it in July. ;-)

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 2:26:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the piercing! As for resolutions, I saw one in my blog surfing that I think was absolutely wonderful. The author said she makes the same resolution every year: "I will not stab ANYONE this year," and has yet to break it.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 8:29:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home