Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Deadlines

Wow. I'm going to make it. Holiday knitting done in time! Clutch You'll Never Give Up #4 is completely knitted, seamed and ready to felt. It, along with Clutch #3, will go into the washer tomorrow after school. Irish Hiking Scarf is coming off the needles tomorrow. I estimate I'll be out of yarn after two more repeats, or 16 rows. I'm looking forward to seeing the reactions to the gifts.

Wrapping the store-bought gifts for Mayhem, Absent-Minded Professor and their cousins is an entirely different story, however. I still don't know how I'm going to get that accomplished. But hey, what's life without some stressful deadlines? It could be worse, I suppose. I could still be shopping.

My Sea Silk yarn arrived. I ordered it from Little Knits which is all the way in Seattle. Can I just tell you that their customer service is amazing??!! They have been battered by amazing storms and power outages, which you already know if you've seen the news once in the last three weeks. A few days after I placed my order, I sent an email inquiring about the order since I hadn't heard anything. The wonderful ladies there upgraded my shipping to priority mail AND refunded my shipping costs because of the shipping delay. Mind you, I didn't complain, just checked on the status of my order. They certainly couldn't control the weather. (If they could, I would have ordered snow instead of yarn!!!!) I'll definitely order from Little Knits again. As for the Sea Silk, well, I can't stop touching it. And looking at it. And touching it.

Mayhem asked me just today what I want for Christmas. I really don't want or need anything I told her. We have more than so many others. But I had to laugh because to her, six more days is a helluva long wait; all the time in the world really. It makes perfect sense to wait until six days before Christmas to find out what Mom wants. There's still plenty of time to find something.

Methinks she talked her dad into taking her shopping. Mayhem and the Grinch out shopping. Now that I would pay to see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home