Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Brrrrrrr! It hit a whopping high of 24 degrees today. Yes, that was the high. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if we would just get some measurable snow!! Places that don't usually get snow have gotten snow, for pete's sake.

It's been a crazy, hectic week. Being in the classroom got me way behind in my office. Then there was the elementary school holiday program one night this week. "Snow Biz" was great fun, but kept us out too late. Absent-Minded Professor was such a trooper. Even though he had a bloody nose right before the show, he marched up there with his classmates and played the songs.

Plugged nose and all.

I didn't even know about his nose until he and his class came in. My big guy took care of it all on his own.

You'll never guess what I found out that night! The principal of my kids' school also knits! Did I mention that the principal is a guy? How cool is that?! He and I ended up sitting beside each other and I had my knitting with me (of course). First he told me, "My wife does that." We chatted about knitting and he asked about the cables in the scarf. Then he looked around to see if anyone was listening and quietly said, "I knit too. I find it very relaxing." I told him that I think it's awesome. I am running into more and more men who knit, and are willing to admit it. Absent-Minded Professor's teacher also knits and has decided to try felting after seeing my felted tote.

At my endocrinologist appointment today, two of the nurses admired the cabled scarf which is nearing completion. "Oooooh, can I touch it?" one asked. Another wanted to see how to twist the stitches to make the cable, so I ended up letting another patient go ahead of me when it was my turn to have my blood drawn for labs in order for her to see that row being knitted. She's newer to knitting than I am.

On the drive home I realized I'm not such a beginner anymore. When did that happen?

I also realized I am sooooo not ready for Christmas. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home