Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Have a Thinking Problem

I do. Really. I admit it. When something is getting to me, I think and think and think. I over-think the problem. In this case, well, it's complicated. Seriously. Basically, after thinking and thinking, I said some things a few days ago that forced the issue on a complicated situation. Sound too general? I have to be. In the words of Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, Bother!"

Finally, last night, after 4 beers with friends from work, I decided to occupy my brain with something else. I decided it was time to tackle the cables on the Irish Hiking Scarf. Concentrating on something new keeps me from concentrating on that other situation. I've just substituted one complication for another. Hopefully by the time the cables become easy, the other complication won't be such an issue anymore.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday. I have so much to be thankful for...family, friends, health, home, job, enough money to pay my bills, yarn, baskets...

Me, with my best friend of thirty one years... THAT'S something to be thankful for! Even if we are going to hell in a handbasket.

Me and the Sibs. (I'm in the brown shirt.) Can you tell we sort of like each other? THAT'S something to be thankful for!

The pumpkin bread is baked and ready to go. All I have to do is drive two hours to Mom and Dad's. And then get back to T-Town in time to watch the two-hour Grey's Anatomy in my quiet, peaceful house.

Count your blessings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, you decided to try cables after 4 beers? I can't wait to see the result. Actually they aren't hard, I just learned to cable without a cable needle!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 11:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home