Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What Am I Doing?

It seems like I'm swamped right now! Thanksgiving is next week, thank goodness I am not cooking or hosting a meal. (Thanks, Mom!) In addition to all the things I am doing, I don't know where I would fit that in.

So, what am I doing?
  • Holiday knitting. One felted "Clutch You'll Never Give Up" finished, four more to go. These will go to my sisters... Bath & Body Works goodies inside.
  • Knitting another chemo cap for Chris's sister in law. She loves the first one!
  • Plugging away at the diagonal rib scarf - currently nearing the halfway mark.
  • Getting ready to start another baby kimono for a friend due in February.
  • Just finished a fundraiser at school with students going on the Washington, D.C. trip.
  • I'm in the middle of a heated grievance at school. As a union rep I hear and see a lot... This one will go all the way to arbitration and involves a change in working conditions for all the teachers in my building. We're one level away from arbitration right now.
  • Reading "The Audacity of Hope" by Senator Barack Obama.

Add to all of that the day-to-day chores that come with running a house and taking care of two active children and two dogs who think they are children.

How do I find time to knit and read? Hmmmm... I skip doing some chores or put them off for marathon sessions. I stay up too late. I knit in the middle of the night when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I knit during my lunch at school, in the parking lot while I wait for kids to come out of school, in waiting rooms at doctor appointments. There's always knitting and a book with me. While Mayhem and Absent-Minded Professor are at karate lessons or skating lessons I knit and/or read. I knit in the evening while watching the few TV shows I can't live without. When I can get away with it, I knit during meetings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ejly said...

Neat blog Karen! I'm glad to see Mayhem and the AMP have a venue for their audacious deeds!

Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home