Monday, October 30, 2006

Found: UFO

UnFinished Object, that is. Drat! Just when I think I'm making headway at getting the loose ends (see previous post) tied up, I come across another UFO. In this case, it's the felted tote from One Skein. Honestly, I love this project, and I am glad I found it, because I can finish it quickly. It's knit in the round, and I'm using Addi turbo circular needles, my favorite. It does move quickly. But there are many color changes.

I'm using Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks and love the colors I chose - tulip, cherry, rain (lt. blue), avocado (lt. green), and winter night (almost navy). Go here for a look at Wool of The Andes. It's quite soft for wool, and very economical. The stripes are the bold colors and the bottom of the bag is the dark blue. The top of the bag and handles will also be dark blue. I have about 15 rows to knit yet, after working on it this weekend. Then I have to sew the bottom and felt it. Of course the agonizing wait for the wool to dry comes after that.

There's a good story behind this bag. I started it last June. Yes, June. BUT, I was on a bus filled with 46 seventh graders and a few brave (crazy??) grown-ups. We were on our way to Washington, D.C. for 3 days. I needed something mindless to work on for the long hours before we arrived at Gettysburg National Battlefield. We left at 6:30 AM and drove and drove and drove. I knitted and knitted and knitted, and talked to my buddy B. We talked about history, books we've read, and the trip, and managing the kids, and then we talked about knitting. How often do you get a man interested in your knitting?? Seriously.

The felted clutch will be a great reminder of a wonderful trip, as soon as I finish it this week.

And just so you know, the plans for Washington, D.C. June 2007 are in full swing. 98 kids are signed up. TWO full charter busses for me and B to keep track of this time.

If you haven't figured it out by now, yes, I am crazy. I've spent the past 16 years in seventh grade! Willingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home