Saturday, October 21, 2006

Mail Call

Sometime Thursday or Friday the Holiday issue of Knit Simple Magazine arrived at my house. I didn't know about it until this morning. There I was, on the couch in my flannel Winnie-the-Pooh jammies with my best friend and some really strong Starbucks home-brewed coffee, finally flipping thru the mail. (Why were on the couch in our jammies in need of really strong coffee is a story for another day, but if you know me and K2, you can probably figure it out!)

All of a sudden it hit me. It's the end of October! HOLIDAY KNITTING!!!! Holy smokes, Batman! I have some serious work to do. I have One-Skein Felted Clutches to make... five of them. There's the diagonal rib scarf to finish. There are Mason-Dixon felted boxes to make... three of them. Now, none of those take very long to knit. It's the space they need for drying once they have been thru the wash cycle that turns into a challenge in my little house.

On the bright side, I already have the yarn to make the clutches. I bought it all during the summer, when my LYS (local yarn store), Vintage Yarns, was having a sale. Of course, I didn't just buy the Brown's Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky Wool that I needed for the clutches. Of course. There were other goodies to be had.

When will I knit something for me? Maybe during the break from school that falls between Christmas and New Year's. If I don't run away and join Jimmy Buffett on tour somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home