Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yummy! And a book review

Yesterday, after days of rain, there was finally enough sunlight to get photos of the Sheep Shop Wool that would do the colors justice. Yum. Yum! Yummy!!! Feast your eyes! In the background you can see a small picture of the sweater-to-be as well. Mine will have dark green sleeves. Are you able to see the color variation in the darker green yarn? I'm just about going nuts wanting to get going on this! Must. Have. Control.

Must. Finish. Holiday. Knitting.







The Irish Hiking Scarf is growing and growing. As of this morning, I have used up one whole skein of Plymouth Encore Worsted. The scarf is 36" long. If I keep going the way I am, by the time I use up the second skein, this baby will be 6 feet long! I started it Nov. 24(??). Here it is, resting on the back of my couch.

Yesterday I also bought myself a treat. Hey, there's nothing like a little retail therapy to boost a girl's mood, right? (Well, I can think of other things, but they sure can't go here!) This is what I bought: Cables Untangled by Melissa Leapman. It was just published in October and is an amazing book. I already have a couple of Leapman's crochet books in my library and her directions are concise and easy to follow. Her designs and patterns are creative and realistic at the same time. The photography in the book is stunning, but simple enough to do justice to the projects. And the projects range from beginner to experienced. There's something for everyone in this book, including tips for designing your own projects, but it's great for those new to cables.

Maybe I should ask for a good sturdy bookcase for Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home