Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bliss

Ever have one of those blissful moments that you would just love to capture and hold on to forever? I had one today.

Mayhem and Absent-Minded Professor returned last night around 7:30 from celebrating Thanksgiving with their dad's side of the family. Tired, cranky from too much time in the car, ready to argue about everything... and then finally sleep in their own beds.

This afternoon, after playing outside (it was unseasonably warm), we came inside and the two of them decided to play Battleship. They set up on the family room floor and commenced playing. Yellow Lab plunked his 12o lbs. down beside them to make sure no one cheated.
"D-4"

"Miss!"

"Rats!"

I decided it was a good time to knit, and curled up in my corner of the corner of the couch with my Irish Hiking Scarf (I now know the pattern by memory). Chocolate Lab decided she was going to supervise the knitting and snuck up onto the couch beside me. After one row she decided it was under control and was snoring softly.

All at once I realized it was peaceful. No TV. No arguing. Kids were playing and being kind. Dogs were snoozing. I was knitting uninterrupted. Bliss. Pure Bliss. Money can't buy it, and I know enough to treasure it.

I would show you a photo, but I didn't dare jinx the moment by getting up to fetch the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home