Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hodge Podge

I should be working. Seriously. But my head hurts and I can't see straight right now. So I'm waiting on my migraine medicine to start working.

Yesterday the kids and I put up the Christmas tree. Finally. We got the lights strung as well. Now we have to decorate the tree. I want to cover it in snowflake ornaments and my Longaberger Tree Trimming Basket collection. (That's a picture of this year's basket, 8th in the series.) Mayhem and Absent-Minded Professor want the hodge podge of ornaments they have made and collected over the years to cover our tree like always. I'll let you know who wins. Not sensing a compromise on this one, I'm guessing it won't be me, and I'm guessing my baskets won't adorn the tree. My house isn't big enough for two trees, either.

After looking at countless patterns, I have found an easy mitten pattern that I am going to try. I already have the DPN's and a yarn substitute. My first pair will be all one color, I think. I'll keep you posted. I have one more clutch purse to finish first.

Taking advantage of this ridiculously warm weather, the kids, their dad and I are heading to see The Lights Before Christmas at the zoo tonight. It was 50 degrees when I left for work this morning. Seriously. In mid-December. In northern Ohio. Who'd a thunk it! Anyway, the kids want all of us to go together.

Pictures coming soon, I'm sure, of the tree, no matter how it turns out. Right now I need more coffee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I hope your head feels better before the lights tonight! And good luck on the tree -- I have yet to win one (even before kids, when I wasn't outnumbered!)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at 2:00:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home