Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'm Not All Bad

I was home all day with the kids. I knitted and finished clutch number 3 which is now ready to felt. I cleaned. I did two, count 'em two, loads of dishes. Then I cleaned some more. I argued with the phone company about my land line. They say it's fixed. I don't have a dial tone and no one can call me, but it's fixed. *Insert scarcastic tone here* Maybe I'll send them my cell phone bill.

So... I bought this. If you haven't seen it before, check out Sea Silk. I bought two skeins, actually, in the Woodland colorway shown. I've been looking at it for ages. I also bought this Ball Winder. Hey, a girl's gotta have a way to wind the yarn, right? I have some other yarn to wind, so it's not just for the Sea Silk.

AND, in keeping with my self-imposed no-credit-card-use, I paid using my paypal account. The money came out of my bank account, real live money that I actually have. I haven't used my credit card for three months, not even at the gas pumps.

I'm not ALL bad... no matter what some people say! ;-)

Some of my other time today was spent searching for mitten patterns. Now that it's cold, I'm seeing more and more kids outside my school trying to keep warm. Some don't bother to dress warmly; it's just not cool. But honestly, some don't financially have the means to get mittens, hats, scarves. I figure I can knit mittens with my leftover yarns. I have access to all of the locker combinations at school and can leave mittens anonymously. Maybe I'll recruit some other people to help me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm,, Seasilk. I made a shawlette recently with one skein of the "wildflowers" colorway, the stuff is awesome.

Good for you making mittens! I've made several pairs for my kids and one for myself.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Karen that was me.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

LOL Liz! Wildflowers was the other color I was looking at... I debated back and forth. Can't wait to get it, but I still have my Lion & Lamb waiting to made into Clapotis. And my sweater. I always put me last, did ya notice?

Sunday, December 10, 2006 at 4:24:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a busy day. I'm shocked by the idea of giving up credit cards. WTG!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at 9:04:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home