Monday, January 15, 2007

I do still knit...

Believe it or not, I really do still knit. (I spent a major part of the weekend sleeping off the respiratory crud that was trying to catch me and I'm happy to report that I seem to have beaten it.) To prove I knit, I have a couple of progress photos for you from my raglan sweater. Not much, but the back so far.


Next, a shot with the pattern to refresh your memory on what this sweater is supposed to resemble upon completion... Yarn and pattern from Sheep Shop Yarn.

This is a truer indicator of the shade of green. BUT, can you see where I changed balls of yarn? I'm trying to decide if I should frog back and switch back and forth between the two balls, or just leave it the way it is. I have 5 hanks of this lighter green, for the front and back, and it is all from the same dyelot. There is an obvious difference when photographed, though, isn't there?

What do you think I should I do?

AND, because I raved about finally buying one, and how quickly it worked, here is a photo of my new yarn swift in action. Remember, it only took 2 minutes to wind that hank of Malabrigo into a tight, tidy ball.

I spent part of today looking online for felted slipper and/or clog patterns. Mayhem has decided that she wants me to make her some slippers to replace the wool Lands' End clogs she has outgrown. I found this Crochet Slipper pattern. I also found Fuzzyfeet which Mayhem loved as soon as she set eyes on them. That pattern will help me learn socks, too.


I didn't get much else done today except for disinfecting the house since Absent-Minded Professor has a nasty case of pink eye. Ick!

Let me know your thoughts on the sweater, OK?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better soon!
About the sweater: I can definitely see the gradient in color, and potentially it could be an aset if it falls in the right place. However, you're counting on luckiness to see you through that. So, good luck with whatever you choose.

Friday, January 19, 2007 at 2:02:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home